Sunday 5 January 2014

Christmas day.... Santa arrives.

Christmas was special this year, for the fact that our baby daughter was due on this day. But unfortunately she didn't arrive on this day, but it was a great day anyway.
Ayuri is not a morning person so it was great that we got to have a sleep in. When Ayuri got up it was time to go pick up the boys so we texted them and went and got them. We opened our presents up together.
Ayu with her blanket
We got Ryotaro some clothes and a lens mug which I could tell that he liked. Daisho got some clothes from us and he seemed pleased with that too. Ayuri got heaps of stuff but she told me that her favourite present was her quilt and pillow cases that she got from Ash. Daisho got presents for me and Ash, some aftershave and perfume which we were very grateful for. They were really nice smells so he had great taste.
Taro with his lens mug
I got Ash so perfume that she really liked and some nice chocolates. She got me a Bonsai which I really love and Ayuri got me a CD of a reggae band that I like called House of Shem. I felt like I had got spoilt.
Daisho with his clothes
We read from the scriptures about the birth of Christ which helps us to put things into perspective. I think its important for us to remember what it is all really about. When I remember the Saviour and all he done for me and the people I love, I feel gratitude and a reliance on His love.
Ash with baby clothes from Daisho
We then jumped in the car with the food that we made and headed over to Sarah's house. One of the dishes that we made was poached snapper in cream. It is really nice! When we got to Sarah's and I went to the boot to get the fish out, some of the cream had spilt out onto the floor. I cleaned it up the best I could, but by the time we had finished for the day and we hopped back in the car, the stink of fish and cream was awful. it took me until this week to get the smell out of the car!
Me and my Bonsai
At sarah's we were greeted by a great table display and layout that she had arranged, and of course, great food. We had a wonderful time hanging out, eating and talking about all sorts of stuff. The saga of Mini the cat and her whereabouts was the most intriguing of the conversations. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits, and its always nice to be with family.
Ayu struggling to open a present
Ayuri and the boys went back when their mother came to get them, and we headed off not long after that. We caught up with Ash's family before getting back to our place. There was not too much rest as Mum had the elders over for dinner so we went for another meal and had a great game of Zerahemla together. So that really capped of a great day for us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeF6q3Diqqk&feature=youtu.be

I have to mention about the next day when we got up an hour too early to be at Rotorua for the boxing day sales. We were not impressed. there were some good sales, and after going there to get a weed eater and a cordless drill, we came back with christmas decorations, a hand mixer and a big cake mixer. Go figure!!! lol

No comments: