Wednesday 4 December 2013

Did I tell you that..... I love fishing?!

Ok peeps, before I get into the main topic of my post, I have to mention about a recent discovery that Delwyn introduced to me and Ayuri. We saw a Vine from Delwyn that really made us laugh and I asked Ashaan what it was, and how he made it. She told me it was a Vine and that there is this app that you can down load that you can make short 6 second videos on. So we had a look at it and Ayuri had a little play. She sorted it out and we got cracking making a Vine. Just to give you a brief background, Ash's mum got this huge sea horse for baby and Ayuri has been a teeny bit jealous of it. So while Ash was out we made a Vine about it. Then we decided to pic an epic movie scene involving horses and I told her, Lord of the rings. So we got together and this is what we came up with. Follow the link below.
 
https://vine.co/v/hPJr36zx1vz?fb_action_ids=599282666803484&fb_action_types=vine-app%3Apost&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

When we first watched it together, me and Ayu couldn't stop laughing!! We laughed so much that we ended up waking up Ash. (sorry babe) I have no doubt next week when Ayu is back with us, that we will be thinking of our next Vine to do.

So.... have I ever mentioned that I LOVE fishing??? I have been  out twice lately and I always have a great time going out and getting into it. Any day fishing is way, way better then being at work. Even a stink day fishing is awesome. I guess for me, it is the anticipation and excitement of landing a big snapper or pulling up my favorite fish to eat, a Trevally.
My delicious Trevally. 

Cant wait to eat him raw!

I went out this week, and even though the fishing was a little slow, I still managed to catch 8 snapper and was given a Trevally from my friend who let me have it. I love to eat Trevally as sashimi with a little bit of soya sauce and lemon. Mmmmmmmmm. So yummy! I was totally thinking of Bevin when I got it, cause that dude loves Trevally too. But alas he is in Perth, so I had to down his portion.
The guy who owned the boat that we went on, went to one of the working mussel barges and filled up a chill bin full of mussels so that was a great bonus for us.
This is called a king fish. It is great on the BBQ!

I have got a trip booked for the 18th of this month out at Kawhia. It has been fairly good the times I have gone out there so I'm hoping for some luck so I will have some fish for Christmas.
Raw Trevally and marinated mussels.

No comments: